Clients regularly ask me if they will have to pay child support and how much. Child support is fairly easy to calculate. Each parent needs their gross monthly income and the number of overnights the children will spend with each parent. Once you have those two numbers, you plug them into the child support calculator.

(Click here.)

Child support calculations can change, most commonly, if parents become unemployed or are self-employed or if one or both parents are paying child support from a previous order. If you think that you have a situation that changes or should change your child support award, call Adams Legal and ask.

The Utah courts also provides information on its website.

Call Adams Legal at (385) 777-5533 for a free consultation about your child support questions.